Ramping up can mean different things to different funders. We refer to two different entry points into this conversation – ramping up in size (an anticipated or unanticipated increase in philanthropic resources) and impact (an intentional decision to increase the impact of philanthropy). While these entry points are often interconnected, each has its own unique challenges and strategies. Whether the shift is sudden or carefully planned, whether the scale is modest or enormous, there are a number of common themes and questions that funders who are ramping up may face:
- How do we become more strategic with our giving?
- What do we need to learn more about?
- How do we engage key stakeholders?
- What new structures, supports, and resources do we need?
- How can we get this all done?
- How do we know if we are making progress towards our impact goals?
TPI works with funders of all kinds to help them successfully prepare for and go through the journey of ramping up. We can help plan for, implement, and evaluate a successful ramp-up in size and/or impact.
We can help you:
- Create a strategic plan for ramping up
- Assess, strengthen, and structure governance and programmatic strategies
- Conduct research and benchmarking on social issues, operations, and governance
- Design, execute, and evaluate new programs and initiatives
- Build and work with a full team of advisors
- Engage key stakeholders and collaborate with others to leverage impact
- Assess progress and refine or revamp strategies as needed
We can also provide program management services, offer operational guidance and support, and coach staff and trustees.