Applications for the 2019-2020 Blair Family AvalonBay College Scholarship are closed. Please check back in December when the application for the 2020-2021 school year will be available.
Prior to completing the application, please be sure you meet all eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be dependent children* of full-time, regular associates of AvalonBay as of the date of the initial Scholarship award and the AvalonBay associate must have had full-time employment status for at least one year prior to the date of the award. Scholarship recipients who remain in good academic standing are eligible to receive up to an additional three years of support, after the initial award, while pursuing an undergraduate degree.**
- Recipients must be pursuing a four-year degree at an undergraduate college or university within the United States accredited by one of the national or regional institutional accrediting bodies recognized by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen (eligible to receive federal financial aid), and must have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- The Scholarship is targeted primarily for families with substantial financial need. Applicants will be required to submit family financial information, similar to that provided when seeking financial aid. All scholarship applications will be reviewed by an outside review committee that is independent of AvalonBay.
- Applicants must be planning to enroll full-time in an accredited undergraduate institution in the fall of the upcoming academic year. They must be seniors in high school or currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate institution.
- Students attending graduate school are not eligible to receive a scholarship through this program.
*Children are defined as children, stepchildren, or legal wards supported principally by the associate parent/guardian.
**Once an initial scholarship has been awarded, the recipient is eligible to receive support for up to three more years regardless of whether a parent is still employed by Avalon Bay.