: TPI Services : Strategic Planning and Facilitation
Strategic Planning and Facilitation
TPI's consulting work is directed by our client's needs and expectations. We begin by gaining a clear understanding of our clients' motivations, values, and goals. We look for areas where interests align with a company's mission or with a family's unique skills and resources through the following processes:
- Exploration, clarification and articulation of values, mission and goals.
- Development of a philanthropic plan that aligns values and goals with resources and opportunities.
- Assessment of organizational and governance structure and operations.
- Facilitation of strategic planning retreats.
Beyond mission, goals, focus areas, and governance issues, strategic planning decisions include:
- The geographic scope of the giving program.
- Clarification of objectives in regard to the annual number, size, structure and duration of grants, weighing in multi-year support for important initiatives.
- Types of support. Decisions are made, for instance, between direct services or general operating support; seeding innovative approaches; replicating and expanding effective models; research; advocacy and public policy.
TPI views strategic planning as an ongoing and evolving process. Mission and goals may need to be revisited over time as the individual donor, foundation or corporation gains experience through a philanthropic initiative.