Yawkey Scholars Program
The Yawkey Scholars program is designed to make college affordable for talented, motivated, low-income students from Massachusetts and Georgetown County, South Carolina. It provides a four-year renewable tuition scholarship (up to $25,000 per year) and other supports to help students achieve academically and go on to be successful and highly productive members of our community. Over the past twelve years, the Yawkey Scholars Program has provided $10 million in tuition supports to 298 Scholars as they pursue a college education.
For more information about the Yawkey Foundations, please visit the Foundations’ website at www.yawkeyfoundations.org.
Applications for the 2018-2019 Yawkey Scholars Program are now closed. Please review the program guidelines below for your state to determine your eligibility.
Questions may be directed to Laura Hechtman at yawkey [at] tpi.org.
- Complete Application, submitted online
- Extracurricular and Community Activities Form
- Teacher/Counselor Recommendation Form
- Mentor Letter of Recommendation
- Essays (One long and three short)
- High School Transcript
- Transcript Information from School Official (Section 1 of Teacher/Counselor Recommendation Form)
- Pages 1 and 2 of parent(s)’ most recent IRS 1040 tax forms
- Complete Student Aid Report (SAR) from FAFSA
The following materials are required as part of a complete application. You may access these forms here or within the online application: