: About TPI : Mission and Core Values
Mission and Core Values
TPI seeks to increase the impact of philanthropy in society by:
- Working with donors to make their giving more strategic, effective and fulfilling;
- Crafting creative, leveraged and productive philanthropic approaches to solving important social issues;
- Inspiring more individuals, families, companies and organizations to become deeply engaged in philanthropy; and
- Stimulating interest in critical issues and ideas related to philanthropy.
A world of highly engaged, skilled donors making substantive differences on critical issues
- The application of private resources for public good is a central element of a healthy and democratic society.
- The best philanthropy envisions giving as a serious investment opportunity and an entrepreneurial service to the common good.
- Successful philanthropic endeavors aim for long-term positive impact – and thus, strategies with the greatest potential for change are grounded in an understanding of whole systems and causes, rather than symptoms of problems.
- Effective partnerships between donors and recipients respect the experience and ideas of all parties and produce mutual learning and better results for society.
The most rewarding and sustainable giving is based on the intersection of a donor’s passions, critical community/social needs and strategic philanthropy.
- Everyone has valuable resources to invest in the public good.
- Our vision will be reached earlier and most successfully through abundant sharing, collegiality and collaboration.